This Is Not My Forte

I have never really dated anyone outside of high school. I have had the most pathetic relationship experiences in the history of the world. Married 24 years---that was a bust--about the time we really started dating and settling into a relationship, PREGNANT. So, I got married and moved forward.

To say that was a mistake is an understatement, but I can't complain about the rewards that came from it. I'm just paying the price now.

I have no idea how the heck to do the dating thing. I am still like a high schooler in that I get my feelings hurt in a blink, I doubt myself constantly and I manage to put myself in the worst possible situations when available.

On the plus side, I've made some great friends over the years and I'll take that over some sappy date or tawdry affair any day of the week. Apparently, I'm the person men want to be friends with, but not date, lol.

I get it. I wouldn't want to date me.

But I'm going to try it and see what happens. It beats the hell out of sitting at home by myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Attempt

The Nice Ones