The First Attempt

This does not include any of the flirtations, etc., from the past. This is all since Fall 2018. As far as I'm concerned, anything prior was just marking time.

So, I fell into a relationship of sorts, totally out of the blue in the fall. I wasn't looking, didn't pursue it, didn't even see it coming. But he did, so we had a good time for a couple of months. I already knew he had dating issues--he had told me that ahead of time when we were just friends, but I didn't get what he was trying to tell me. Then he kept moving things forward, so I went along.

Just about the time I was actuall beginning to let my guard down, he freaked out and dumped me. On my anniversary. In a parking lot. I was blindsided. I couldn't be mad at him because he said I scared him--in that he didn't want to be serious. He was looking for 24-48 hours and we had gone way past that mark. He had nothing but compliments and was genuinely upset that he was hurting me. How can you argue.

He's about to retire and move south, so it makes sense. I did make an effort, but it became clear that I spitting in the wind, so I just moved on....but it took awhile because we were really good together. I should have gotten divorced 10 years ago.

Can't dwell. He avoided me like the plague for a bit and I, him. Then I walked in and saw him when I didn't expect to a couple of times. I am determined to keep things normal. There is no reason to lose a friend because of bad timing.

But, damn, it really stung. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

This Is Not My Forte

The Nice Ones